Q02HCPU and Q173CPUN

harrydeharry

dear all.
I got a project which is using simens 416-2 PCI and Q02HCPU and Q173CPUN for motor controlling.I will be getting the commented PLC program soon also. I have some knowledge of Siemens but I dont know anything Mitsubishi. I have seen some other threads in this forum and others. but still I have some questions.

01. Are all the Q series CPUs will be programmed with GX developer ?
02. It can be done with only manual help or I should go for a training ?

I might be missing some other which I should ask? but now I don't know what all I should know about Mitsubishi.

Please help
Regards
Harry

01. Are all the Q series CPUs will be programmed with GX developer ?
Q series could be programmed with either GX Developer,IEC developer or GX works.

02. It can be done with only manual help or I should go for a training ?
Really depends on your experience, i was thrown in at the deep end with a complete production line of mitsi without any training and survived.

Q series could be programmed with either GX Developer,IEC developer or GX works.

Really depends on your experience, i was thrown in at the deep end with a complete production line of mitsi without any training and survived.

If givin the choice GX Works 2 is the way to go in my opinion. Much more user friendly.

I am in the same boat as STL. I found Mitsubishi to be quite user friendly.

thanks for your quick response. it gave me some hope.
my situation is bit different. I work as free lancer and The new project, which is waiting for my yes. but I was bit afraid that I might be fail after saying yes and getting the projects in my hand.
thanks for your support

Just another note, if you're planning to program the Q173 CPU used for servo motor control you will need a copy of Mitsubishi MT Developer to do this.

Here's the Q173 manual for your information, it'll help you with programming MT Developer, although I do recommend some training.

James