Help with powerflex 40 opto 1

stu

Hi guys
Has anyone used the opto output contact before , I see that it can be programmed to indicate it's running, could you put say a 24vdc in to common and the output to the plc?? Only asking because I dont want to blow drive up? Thanks stu

Yes, you can use the opto output for a PLC input. Be sure to select the proper position of the SNK/SRC switch to match your PLC input and wire accordingly.

I'm looking at the PFlex 40 manual and it looks like the Opto Outputs aren't even tied into the Sink/Source switch. The diagram seems to indicate that it's for the digital inputs only. Also the manual says of the Opto Common terminal:
For opto-coupled outputs. Electronically isolated with
opto outputs from analog I/O and digital inputs.

I think the solution here is to either use a sourcing input card or an interposing relay to a sinking card or other controls.

Last edited: