Firmware Upgrade in CompactLogix ARGGGG!!!

Firejo

I’ve got a 1769-L23E-QBFC1B with Firmware 17.1.21 and I’m trying to upgrade to ANYTHING but when I use ControlFlash it won’t show me the files and I can’t change the location of where to look for the files. Anybody got any ideas?o_O

You have to go get the firmware you wish to load. Download it from the RA firmware update site and then run the file. Running the file will install the firmware. Then run ControlFlash and upgrade/downgrade.

OG

When I click on the firmware I need it downloads it as a complete “ControlFlash” program (and according to the documentation it includes the needed firmware). However the plot thickens. I took a closer look at the software I have and it is compatible with the firmware in the Compact. But when I try to download it get an error indicating “the offline project and controller’s firmware are not compatible”. But, the offline project firmware is “17.xx” and the firmware version (as listed by the software) is “17.01”. WTF! I can’t find anywhere to change the offline firmware to “17.01” is that where I should be looking and if so how do I do that?

Ignore what the software is telling you for the moment.

Open RSLinx and browse to the CPU then right-click and choose Device Properties. What revision does it show you there.

And yes, the firmware download includes the entire ControlFlash utility along with the firmware.

OG

Do you know on what chip Firmware is stored.
I have problem with my ControlLogix I/O card, 1756-OA16 has one flash memory. Is it possible that firmware has been stored in this location?

This is a completely unrelated thread about CompactLogix controller firmware from nearly six years ago.

You've gotten your answers already about your discrete module firmware from a ProcessLogix or Honeywell system.

I don't know what kind of business you're in, but please don't post to unrelated old threads asking additional questions about how to repair devices that you've been told are either unrepairable or not repairable using the tools you have.

I installed controlflash in the PC. closes RSLogix and just with rslinx open, I opened controlflash, linked my plcs with key switched to program and everything went fine, make sure your PC wont have any energy saving profile