Data monitor on RSLogix 5000

mandrake

I know this is an old issue but it never hurts to ask. Is there a way to do data monitoring on RSLogix 5000 without using the Custom Data Monitor tool? I just love the CDM on the RSLogix 500 but it seems Rockwell is not interested in implementing it on the 5000.

Quick Watch is an option but (as far as I know) the list cannot be saved. My workaround is to create a dummy routine and add a line with all the tags I want to monitor. Then I use the Watch List / Current Routine option to monitor it. Unfortunately I cannot arrange the tags in a logical manner. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Similar Topics

Which one do you use and when? It seems like multipoint can only monitor 1-bit memory location while custom data monitor can monitor both 1-bit...
Replies
Views
Hello, guys, I have Control Logix already running and i want to see 20-30 tags together. It eazy to do with RSL5 or RSL500, it helps me a lot to...
Replies
Views
RSLogix 5 has a nice feature - custom data monitor. RSLogix 5000 has a Watch Window. I haven't found a way to populate the watch window with...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am beginner in PLC world, also in SIEMENS PLCs. I managed communication over private network. Now I have a problem that I get same...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, What is this little window for? Thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom