Binary to bits

I am not much of a programmer but about 2 years ago I made a 'cheap n cheerful' little unit that dispensed chemicals.
I used a binary selector switch to give me 0 to 7 selections using only 3 inputs.
Each one of those '8' selections set a different time to the dispensing valve.

They now want more time selections and I have 3 inputs spare but for the life of me I can't work out how many extra selections I can have with 2, 3 input binary switches.

I think 16, but maybe it's a lot more

Can you help

Oh, the plc is a small Mitsubishi FX 1n

I am not familiar with your PLC, but look for something along the lines of a Multiplex Instruction. I have used this in Omron PLCs to turn on a single Bit based on a number value. That particular one was a 4 to 16 Multiplexer. Otherwise, you will have to hand code it.

Stu...