Allen Bradley Ultra 3000

Lawrie

G'day Fellows,

I have an Allen Bradley "Ultra 3000" digital servo driver. I'm not experienced in these things, While I know a servo motor is like a stepper motor, These drives sound like they will do anything. Can I run a conventional 3-phase with one?
regards,
Lawrie

no... you have to have the right servo-motor for the drive.... If you have all the data on a motor and you have the time and experienced maybe you could get i to work but....

Ultra 3000

Thanks for the info, I had thought that probably would be the case.
The other type of motor I have is in a small A/C compressor. This motor is a "switched DC reluctance motor" I'm told it is a design related to stepper motors. It has 3 connections outside the compressor and tests like a conventional 3-phase star-wound motor. I was wondering if the Ultra 3000 would be capable of running that??
regards,
Lawrie

My answer will be the same....
The ultra 3000 is for servo motors.
A servo and a stepmotor is NOT the same...
Is there a good reason, to connect a deferent motor to this drive?