AB L63 controller wont take download

trubleshtr

Got red light on controller after cycling power. Turned program key back and forth and it went away (solid red Yikes)
when going online it now says there is no file in controller.
D/L a file and it takes it, but when I go online it again prompts me with no file in controller? (yes the key is in program position)
Any thoughts?
Did I fry my L63 controller?

I haven't used a L63 yet. I don't know if it has a CF card in it or not. Under controller properties look for a tab that says load from NV memory. Some if the systems I have done will load from a image on a cf card on powerup or corrupt memory.

It does have a CF card in it, not sure how to recover it as you suggested?

After D/L it throws out a few warnings and 1 error, (which i cant seem to locate/identify in the bottom window of RS logix), the warnings are for some comm settings for a couple of serial devices I have attached. The plc is connected to my computer via ethernet. The fact that I can connect, and the processor requests a file to d/l appears to me like i have a connection established. after i close the window for the warnings, i am left offline. If I click go online again, i am prompted with the same window from RS logix...."there is no file loaded in the controller"?? and prompts me to choose a file to D/L.
This system was working earlier today, until i monkeyed with it.🔨

Try it and let us know. There is a dump log in the processor if you haven't done a firmware upgrade on it it should be there.

throws out a few warnings and 1 error, This system was working earlier today, until i monkeyed with it.🔨

Did you back up the old program before you started to play with it? if yes see what error (with Program Compare) you made and fix it then download your program

Hold the phone.................

Forget the CFlash card. The errors you are seeing are preventing the download from occurring.

Are you seeing a progress bar showing the progress of the download? My guess is no. If you are left offline, then the download never occurred. Troubleshoot those error messages.

OG

Got red light on controller after cycling power. Turned program key back and forth and it went away (solid red Yikes)
when going online it now says there is no file in controller.
D/L a file and it takes it, but when I go online it again prompts me with no file in controller? (yes the key is in program position)
Any thoughts?
Did I fry my L63 controller?

Firmware version?
I had same issue with V17.3, went away when I updated to V18

Don't panic. OG is right.

If there are any Errors during the verification, compiling, linking, and download process then the download has not occurred. A ControlLogix program with a verification Error cannot be downloaded.

You absolutely have to go through that list of things in the Results window and find the one labeled "Error", and fix that issue. This can be a bit of a search if there are a lot of routines and programs, or if there are a lot of items that result in Warnings (like AFI's and shorted branches).

This could still be a program corruption issue; I've had intractable Errors that happened because of some add-on-profile or object that got corrupted. But usually it's a typo that leads to an unverifiable tag.

Go find the Error.