Different values written to PID PDFile (AB Micrologix)

gripster

Hi All,

I am trying to write the P,I and D values to the PD FILE in a Micrologix ML1400 from a PanelView C600, I am using the values input from the HMI to a Float file then a MOVE instruction to move to the PD File but am getting some strange results. KC value is being shifted by a decimal point, as is the Ti but the Td is shifted and rounded? Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation
(and yes I will error check the values once I can get this bit working!)

I may have been premature in telling you to set the "RG" bit. It may just move the decimal over another place again. You will probably have to move the decimal over (X10) in the PLC after it's written by the HMI. Then move it to the PID's registers.

The PID instruction applies a multiplier to the gain settings .1 with RG clear .01 with RG set. So if you want 25.5 kc then write 255 to the PID's kc register with RG cleared.

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, I tried it but sorted it by using a maths MUL instruction, now trying to figure out how I can take a Float set point and use it in the PID block.............