Intouch Historical Trend not logging

Apel

Dear All,
We have WinXP_Sp3, and Intouch V10.1. PLC Siemens S7 400+300.

Problem1: Today we had power failure in One of two HMI stations. When power restored and PC restarted we noticed that we have lost 8 hours & 20min historical data from PC shutdown. Some of the Tags stopped logging.

Problem2:Then again we have repeated the proceedure to test, we have shutdown/ power off and then restarted the PC to see if problem repeat again. We have noticed that this time Historical data are lost only short period ( only time duration when the PC & application were restarting ).But the the problem is some Tags are not logging at all. Even real time trend of those Tags are not updating in the Trend( Fortunate enough we have another HMI).

Can any one give us any clue why this is happened?

Wonderware cannot log any data while offline.

I've had this happen a couple times, where all of a sudden some tags will log as a constant value even though it is changing over time. The fix in those situations was to delete all of the temp and backup files in the application's folder. Make a batch file with the following and place it in your application folder. Stop Windowviewer and run it, then restart Windowviewer. Good luck!

Don't run this if your .lgh historical files are in the same directory as the application!!

Edit: and back up your app first, always.

Code:
del *.wvw
del *.?bk
del *.idx
del *.lgh
del retentiv.*
del *.$$$
del *.avl

Last edited: