Enhanced PID advice

pauly

We are trying to control a flow with the PIDE instruction in a Controllogix PLC. There is aproblem in so much that the the control valve and pipework are oversized and at full valve opening, the flow will be much too high. This then causes a fault in the PIDE instruction with the PVEU MAX being higher than the upper limit. A limit function at the front of the PIDE might do the trick to prevent it going into fault but I wanted any advice from anyone that may have come across the same issue. I am hoping tight control from the PID function itself might suffice, but there will always be overshoots.
Any advice will be very welcome

Similar Topics

Using Allen Bradley Compact Logix L32E Processor and the PIDE (in fucntion block diagram) seems to get stuck at the low CV value and gives the...
Replies
Views
I've come across this article on an enhanced PID instruction. Does anyone know which software they may have seen that supports it I already...
Replies
Views
where do i find FTVIEW HMI Enhanced graphic as per attached HMI screen snapshot i had tried its library:scratch: object but they are not similar...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have any ideas on how to build this in Crimson? The analog scale with a moving indicator and PV data is easy. What I'm having...
Replies
Views
I am replacing a plc5/25 with a plc5/20e. downloading the same program that was running in the classic I have a block transfer error on a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom