Panelview Go to Display

DaveZR2

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm using a Panelview Plus 600 and I'm finding that the "highlight" color on the Go to Display object doesn't seem to work. When the button is pressed during runtime, the border doesn't change to the color specified by the highlight. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dave

Right click in open area of Screen and choose Display Settings. There's a box for Highlight object with focus. Use that box to enable or disable Highlight. But I think JKerekes is Right.

I guess I'm confushed about your question. Are you talking about the selection highlight or something on the button itself?

"Border uses background color" is not checked. Under that, the "Highlight color" is set to white.

I noticed that with the same settings, a momentary push button's border will change to white when pressed during runtime. This is good because it allows the user to see that they have successfully pressed the button. With a Go-To display, the button's border seems to stay the same color when pressed.

Here's what the help file says about "Highlight color".
"For button objects, the button's border, (if any), changes to the highlight color when the operator presses the button at run time."
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Cwal61: The box you mentioned is unchecked, so it should be enabling highlight.

The only other thing I can think of right now is your screen update rate. Default is 1 second and maybe you change page before update? I was working on project today and did not notice my Go To Display buttons highlighting either. They opened the Display so I knew they Worked. The Display update rate is also located under Display Settings. One other thought is type of Border. Flat, Raised, Raised Inset and the Line width box located beside them. I will look at this Harder tomorrow and see if I can make it work. I do not have FT at home. Good Luck
edit: The Highlight box is for Objects like when they have focus. If you do not have touch screen and use keypad to tab thru Locations. Let's you know where you are on Screen.

Last edited:
Ok, this is what I came up with today. The only way I can see the highlight on a Goto button is to Freeze the Display with the Remote Display function in Global Connections. I forced Display page to stay open with plc and then I could see the highlight because page was unable to change. So, the hightlight works just not before page changes.