slc500 RS232 not responding

shaulapto

I have two slc500 1747-L542 connected by DH+.
I need to download the program of each of them,and make some modifications.
I am able to go online through RS232 only with one of them,the other is not responding.
Is it possible to download the program of the non responding unit from the other unit RS232 connection trough DH+

Yes , but you may have to make some changes to the first unit. See pdf below.

Do you have the offline files for your processors? If so post them here and someone can take a look at the channel configuration. ( zip them first)

FYI
You download to the SLC5/04 and upload from the SLC5/04.

Last edited:
The serial port on your SLC5/04 can be configured for DF1 , DH485 or ASCII.

If you have a real serial port on your PC then you might try the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver.
If no serial port then if you have a 1747-UIC ( DH485 converter) try it.

Was there/is there anything connected to the serial port of the second unit?

Are these working units in service?

Yes,they are working units in service.There is nothing connected to the
second unit serial port,but after reading the passtru info you sent me I think may be this port is configured to DH+ passtru so I couldn't connect using the RS232 DF1 driver SLC-CH0 device.
Next week I will try to connect again.
Thank you for your help.

FYI
You download to the SLC5/04 and upload from the SLC5/04.

Take notice of the advice from Mickey !!

You do not have the offline files (you said), you might find your modifications will be extremely hard to do with NO program documentation, meaning Symbols and Comments.

Try to get hold of the offline files - someone must have them somewhere. Even if they are old, the documentation in them attached to the addresses in the PLCs will give you great assistance when doing your modifications.

I think may be this port is configured to DH+ passtru so I couldn't connect using the RS232 DF1 driver SLC-CH0 device.

If so , that will not stop you from communicating with it.

How do you know if you don't have the offline files ?