mitsubishi to laptop

karl84

Hi,

I'm at the stage were the program is done, the plc is all wired but I can't get the laptop to connect to the PLC. I've got a FX1N with the drivers installed and nothing? Any ideas please,

cheers,

Karl

Of course, the port settings for the software need to match the setting on the PLC. I belive there is an autoset routine built into the software.

Quite often, USB/serial adapters get configured as a high COM port number, sometimes beyond the range allowed by the programming software. Make sure the COM port number assigned to the adapter matches the COM port number the software is trying to use.

If you also use other software that communicates serially, be sure that the other software release the port when it isn't running. RSLinx, for example, doesn't always release its assigned COM port even though you're not running RSLogix.

Are you using a cable you purchased or something you made yourself?

have a look in device manager and see what Comport is assigned to your USB adaptor.

What Mitsi lead are you using SC09 or other?

The only USB to serial converters i have confidence in are Keyspan and Omron.

Yes you'll have to check in device manager and see what com port is assigned to your USB adaptor, then change it to the same in the Online > Transfer Setup settings in GX Developer.