Cimplicity automatic log out

CCZ

Hi Everyone,

I am wanting to automatically log out users from Cimplicity HMI.

In the Cimplicity workbench under Computer / Options on the Security tab I enabled Auto Logout. I also added a new user at the same time. The new user can now log in from the HMI screens, but he does not get automatically logged out.
I looked at the GE support web site and I did not turn up anything helpful What am I missing?

Thanks,

CCZ

Write a script that monitors mouse and/or keyboard activity and logs the user off after a selected period of time.

Write a script

I could do something like that. There were instructions on the GE web site for how to log off a cimplicity user from the command line. It just seems inelegant. Also according to the GE web site I should not have to do that if I am using version 6.1 or higher. I was hoping to figure out how to configure the software correctly. I have the same question in a couple of different places. I will post here if I get the answer.

CCZ

OK, I got this one worked out. To give you a little more information on our setup here we have a server and separate HMI machine. What I was doing was changing the configuration on the server and thinking that it would get passed down to the HMI computer just like the user configuration. However, the auto logout needs to be configured on the HMI machine.
I suspected it was a stupid n00b issue.

CCZ