Versa Max micro controller connection problem.

soontat

I'm using versa max micro controller in model IC200URD64/164. Just encounter this problem. Usually i'm use Proficy Machine Edition to program it by port 1. But today can not connect it. Even I restart it again and again. But it still can use to communicate with other GSM modem, because I use port 1 as GSM modem communication. Any idea to solve it?

Thanks & regards.

This is my first post over here.

What do you use port 2 for? May I suggest that you set up a port for the GSM and a different one for programming/troubleshooting?
However, if it worked in the past, ask yourself what changed?

Thanks for your reply.

My port 2 is use for SCADA access. So have to connected 24 hours to a PC. That why I have to use port 1 to do programming and GSM modem connection. Actually I didn't do anything for this, I finded this issue was after come back from weekend holiday. Before that only use for testing, didn't change the setting and didn't change the baud rate. Do you think the codes will effect the port? or this port already spoil?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

My port 2 is use for SCADA access. So have to connected 24 hours to a PC. That why I have to use port 1 to do programming and GSM modem connection. Actually I didn't do anything for this, I finded this issue was after come back from weekend holiday. Before that only use for testing, didn't change the setting and didn't change the baud rate. Do you think the codes will effect the port? or this port already spoil?
Have you checked to ensure that your computer com port has not been changed? Right click on "Target" go to "Properties". The Inspector dialog box will open up. Scroll to the bottom to Physical Port.

Detail, Details, AND MORE DETAILS.
On port 2 what protocol?
On port 1 what protocol?
If either answer is SRTP, that is the port you need to use for programming.

Thanks GTreece,

My laptop port setting
old
none

My PLC Traget=> Properties=>Inspector setting
Baud rate 19200
stop bit 1
parity odd

Any error for these setting?

Regards.

Port 2 use http protocol, connect by IP address. use for SCADA.
Port 1 use for 2 purposes. That are programming and GSM modem and using modbus protocol. Is it 2 purposes useing for port 1, until it problem. But previously is fine for programming and GSM modem connection.

Regards.

Last edited:
Tested with supplier, he said and confirm port 1 was spoiled.
Wondering why easy to spoil? Other part woking fine, only port 1 problem.