SLC Expansion Rack - Cable clips missing on new models???

robbo

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Fella's,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the backplane clips are missing on SLC A13 expansion racks these days? These clips hold the expansion cable to the backplane.

Any pointers on how to make a reliable connection without the hold down clips? Cant get a cable tie in there.

Is there a new type of expansion cable that has clips on it or something?

The silver unit closest to the camera is the new type.

--------

will sort out this image problem

Last edited:
Here we are - thats better.

Yea, same part number. Clips missing on the newer replacement part.

Checked the store stock - the other replacement was the same - clip less.

Rang the local supplier - they said all their store stock was clipless as well.

Surely there is a reason for this?

Anyone got an idea how i can do a change out with these issues?

attachment.php

13_slot_rack_clip_issue.jpg

I'll leave the topic alone after this.

Just looking for a solution, or an answer from Rockwell. They havent got back to me yet.

Tech support agreed with me that there were differences in the racks with the same part number but were sorry they were unable to help.

Just wondering if the forum members have experienced the same thing, and what they did to get by.

Cheers :)

Here is the official response from Rockwell USA, just to finish off the thread.

Me personally, I dont reckon the new part is as good as the old one, but thats just me. I have always thought a replacement is ok as long as its better than what it replaces - not this time i reckon...
-------------------

About 4 years ago, we had an opportunity to reduce cost from the SLC rack. Part of the change was to change the plating process. Hence silver casing instead of black. At the same time we did remove the clips at the expansion connector. FYI, there hasn't been any field issue or complain about loose connection. I would recommend customer to have enough slack on the cable to avoid the cable from pulling the connector

Last edited: