MCC Drawings

The Plc Kid

I have to make a new PLC panel work with 3 existing motors in 2 different MCC units and when doing the drawings what is the best way to designate this? Anyone have a ACAD example they could share?

I assume each bucket should be it's own drawing/ page and the show how i am connecting to that circuit and from what page in my drawing set?

What i would do is show a 11 x 17 page containing a one line diagram of the plc cabinet and the MCC's.

On the next page, i would expand the drawing to show the sections of the MCC's.
On the next page(s), i would detail the buckets showing the connections.

Then detail out the drawings and have page references as needed.

Yes, it it a little time consuming, but maintenance can trouble shoot it.

regards,
jim

Does the plant have any existing drawings that you could use as a starting point? MCC schemcatics, PLC schematics...etc??

No drawings exist for this MCC at least not that we have been able to find. The MCC is about 20 years old.

I am only using 2 buckets out of it. The other buckets are used for stuff on another line production line.

see if the attached helps... examples of DI'S and DO's from and to MCC...

I have to make a new PLC panel work with 3 existing motors in 2 different MCC units and when doing the drawings what is the best way to designate this? Anyone have a ACAD example they could share?

I assume each bucket should be it's own drawing/ page and the show how i am connecting to that circuit and from what page in my drawing set?