Simatic step 7

ebolbol

First dumb question: what is Simatic Step 7?

Second dumb question: can it open a project created in ProTools v 6.0 in runtime or build environment?

Thanks in advance :geek:

:unsure: Ed

First dumb question: what is Simatic Step 7?

Second dumb question: can it open a project created in ProTools v 6.0 in runtime or build environment?

Thanks in advance :geek:

:unsure: Ed
Simatic Step 7 = Programming software for the S7 series Siemens PLC's 300,400)
No it cannot open Pro-tool projects.
You'll need Pro-tool or WinCC Flex

Try to stick to Protool - Wincc does not convert program over fully due to Password system changes.

ProTools v 6.0

I have a demo version of ProTools v 6.0
Is there a pain free way of obtaining a full version?
I will pay for it if I have to. I don't even want the latest, V.6 will do just fine.

Thx

Ed

Try to stick to Protool - Wincc does not convert program over fully due to Password system changes.

Protool

Protool can be integrated or stand-alone. When Integrated, then you can you open your Protool project in Simatic Manager. Simatic Manager just manages your PLC program blocks in any language (depending on what's installed), PLC hardware, drives, HMI's, all in one project. It is not the software where you program with, just a manager for starting up the right software. When installing Simatic, LAD/STL/FBD is installed, when you open a block written in LAD for example, then LAD/STL/FBD will start-up and open your programblock. If Protool is installed in an integrated way, then you can integrate your HMI's in you Simatic Project and you can start it from Simatic Manager.

Regards,
Combo

Simatic Step 7 = Programming software for the S7 series Siemens PLC's 300,400)
No it cannot open Pro-tool projects.
You'll need Pro-tool or WinCC Flex

Protool

Very helpful. Thank you Combo

Protool can be integrated or stand-alone. When Integrated, then you can you open your Protool project in Simatic Manager. Simatic Manager just manages your PLC program blocks in any language (depending on what's installed), PLC hardware, drives, HMI's, all in one project. It is not the software where you program with, just a manager for starting up the right software. When installing Simatic, LAD/STL/FBD is installed, when you open a block written in LAD for example, then LAD/STL/FBD will start-up and open your programblock. If Protool is installed in an integrated way, then you can integrate your HMI's in you Simatic Project and you can start it from Simatic Manager.

Regards,
Combo