Lost software.

JanLand

Hi all,

Due to a sortcut in the cabinet the S7 200 (CPU 224) is blown up. The CPU is used for a extruder machine from the Chinees company Jwell. Because the programm was protected by a login code, we don't have the program. The sortcut dammaged the CPU, and now the programm is lost.
Buing the programm from the Chinees company has no succes because there is no response from them.
Is there someone who has a simmilar machine and a programm.
With the programm I can reprogramm our machine.

The extruder has the following code
Jwell 65/33-DN

Thanks in advance

Jan Landewers

Contact your Siemens Distributor - They may be able to kill that password for you

I believe he is saying that the CPU is destroyed. They have no program backup because the program was protected by a password but now even the option of removing the password is gone.

Hi all,

I allready had a reaction, he has the same problem that his Jwell CPU's are protected. I know that there are tools to crack the password, but I do not know if a Chinese S7 200 CN CPU can be cracked with the tools. Because I think that the software is not the same as the European MicroWin version.
The CPU is made in China, and Siemens Germany is not willing to give help on solving this problem, recovering the programm.

Because off this reaction, a reapair company tried some things, there conclusion is that the chip containing the software is dammaged, so the programm is lost.

Thanks Jan.

The S7-200 CPU range has two pcbs, one is the power supply and one is the processor board. If it is only the power supply board that has failed you may be able to rescue the system. It would mean buying another identical PLC and swapping boards but risking the chance that you may 'blue smoke' it.

Cross post with JanLand, you already tried this.

Hi BryanG

The CPU is repaired, but when I connect with the PC and the CPU the programm is gone, I can see that the CPU is alive scantime 1 ms, and there are no errors, the repair company said that a short circuit can dammage both boards, the power board is repaired, and checked.

Jan.

Hi it looks like your going to have to get in touch with the manufacturer of the machine again. You tried a phone call?

Cheers

The CPU is made in China, and Siemens Germany is not willing to give help on solving this problem

Do you have a genuine siemens CPU or a chinese Copy?

We had a machine delivered with a chinese S7200 clone, we refused to buy it off until it was replaced.

How many I/O are we talking here? Do you have Electrical drawings?

Hi all,

thanks for all the suggestions and comments.

I am now in contact with a distrubitor in Canada. Contacting the Chinese company brought no effords. I am working as an software engineer and the owner off the machine asked us for help. The CPU is a Chinese S7 brand, Siemens Germany does not support this kind of CPU's because it is not prohibited for a Chinese company to export a Chinese S7 to Europe.

I hope that the contact in Canada can help me get a new CPU with a programm, or an other software engineer, who was able to unlock the software.

Thanks

Jan

Hi Bernie,

I saw your thread from Google.
When i looked for jwell, there are many sites from the jwell company. I tried to mail them but this had no result.

Thanks,

Jan

Hi all,

We do have drawings from the machine, it is only 10 inputs and 8 outputs. But the CPU is connected to many PID regulars, they are connected by profibus too the CPU and a HMI. The HMI was also dammaged, but is repaired and working.
Then there is the problem that we don't have the original programm from the Siemens HMI, so i can not made an upload to see the tags and adresses.

Thanks,

Jan.

Hi Jan,
At this stage I would suggest the only answer is to re-engineer the whole project - Or at least commence to do this while you are still trying to get the thing going.