WinCC flex .. multiple HMI, same project

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have a request to use upto 6 wincc flex panels, 1 will be the MAIN unit, others wil be remote, with reduced functionality (2 mimic displays and alarms)

I want to create a single project the change the start up page to point to the MAIN or MINOR pages.

My question is about alarms. If I use the same alarm ack bit, say DB9.DBX1.1 for the same alarm in every HMI will an ack in one HMI get recognised by the others?

What is the best method of sharing the alarm ack bits so they can be acknowledged everywhere. I have seen on here a suggestion to use HMI 1 ack bit to set HMI 2 ackbit for a short time but if i have say 512 alarms this seems like a lot of coding

cheers

Have you looked at using smart access (sp?) on the Main unit, so a remote panel can take control of it?

It's a few hundred quid for the option, but might save that much in coding time.

PLC Reset

Maybe the ack must come from the PLC...

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/22531596

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,
Combo

Hi
I have a request to use upto 6 wincc flex panels, 1 will be the MAIN unit, others wil be remote, with reduced functionality (2 mimic displays and alarms)

I want to create a single project the change the start up page to point to the MAIN or MINOR pages.

My question is about alarms. If I use the same alarm ack bit, say DB9.DBX1.1 for the same alarm in every HMI will an ack in one HMI get recognised by the others?

What is the best method of sharing the alarm ack bits so they can be acknowledged everywhere. I have seen on here a suggestion to use HMI 1 ack bit to set HMI 2 ackbit for a short time but if i have say 512 alarms this seems like a lot of coding

cheers