i need help for make a program for welder machine

heliosaucedo

i have small company for windows of plastic, and i have one machine but this machine is not working becouse the plc is not good, i'not a professional programing but i am technic electric, for pay to programing this plc is expancive, i have the software and i have the plc omron, and i have only this diagam,
if some people help me plase givme a messege,
i have cx program,

The Drawing is the PLC I/O wiring diagram.
What help do you need?
Are you going to program your machine?

Do you have a Flow Chart of the machine operation.
example - 1. start 2. clamp Left 3. clamp Right. etc.

Do you want us to program this machine for you.
To help you save money?

sequence

1. push foot switch: activate 1,locating plate, after 3 seconds activate moving horizontal, after 3 seconds activate head feeding.
2. push foot switch activate clamps left front/rear
3. push foot switch activate clamps right front /rear
4. push foot switch for cycle: 1 the head feeding off,2 activate the heating plate,3 activate the head feeding,4 left heating/right heating activate the timer for heating time,5 the head feeding off,6 heating plate off,7 head feeding melting activate, 8 left heating/right heating activate the timer for welding,9 finish cycle 1 all clamps off,2 the head feeding off,3 moving activate off ready for start to next.

Fairly straight forward -
Firstly - set up and comunicate with your PLC.🍻
Now test a simple program
Because you have timers on this system Program your foot switch to operate a timer ONLY.
the Inputs are 0.01 and the output is 10.00
Try this(y)

It is not good practice to write a test program to operate a moving part unless you can Stop It.

I notice You have two Normally Open e/stops in paralell with one input of the PLC
This will work, But is not safe. (n)
A commonly used rule is - an E/Stop is always wired Normally Closed.
As a result they should be in series.
NOW we have the main problem - SAFETY

WITH SAFETY Ask Yourself 👨🏻‍🏫
- What Happens If? ----
1. The wire breaks - how does it stop now
2. How do I Know if the button is not broken
3. How do I know it will stop
4. What happens if the Output fails and stays ON
5. How do I stop it.

What are your intentions here?đź’€
Are the e/stops through a safety relay.
Best Practice states - E/Stops,can not be used as an emergency device directly into a PLC.
Only as a secondary stopping device - wired in to the PLC from the safety relay.

I don't Know your knowledge so Sorry if This is too basic.

Last edited:
Thank you very much,
There so many things that i don't know,
But thank you all the information you are giving me,
I got it and i understand perfectly, if you can help me to do this program the way is correct i really apreciated a lot,just tell me what i have to do, if you have any more questions about the diagram ask me,
I check the comication with the plc and its ok.

One frend has the same machine but he has the plc lg, and the first time i try to program with lg and i try to find a person for program but the cost for this is like 3000$. And i find this diagram for my machine,

Do you want us to program this machine for you.
To help you save money?
(n)

I asked this question - If you are looking at saving $3000 by getting us to program it for you - think again.

I also asked if you have tried a test program.
How have you gone so far?

I agree with our friend Down Under

You're gonna be hard pressed to find someone that's gonna take on the liability of programming your machine through cyberspace.

My advice to you is this. If you really want to learn, and be in control of your process, but don't have the time/money to go to Omron classes. Then I would look at the Do it your self paradise of Automationdirect.com.

For about $250 you could get everything you need to program your machine. This very basic PLC is a stripped down no bells and whistles unit that programs with free software:

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Programmable_Controllers/CLICK_Series_PLCs_(Stackable_Micro_Brick)/PLC_Units

The full manual is also downloadable for free as well. You could get the software and manual, and get comfortable before ever spending a dime on anything.

PS- I'm an AB guy first, but when my budget does not permit, and the project is a small simple one such as yours it's hard to beat Automationdirect.

Good Luck! 🍺

thank you guys ,,
today i am hapy becouse i find the program for the plc,

Please zip and post the program so that others can see it. That way we can offer advice if you have any more questions or need further assistance.

Last edited: