Entrelec Logotron LGR 12C DC

xgrunt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone used one of these. We have 3 in our plant 8 in 4 Rly out. I found out from ABB that they are obsolete and no longer supported in any way. Thank you ABB. The unit has a display and something resembling a key pad but I hesitate to just go punching buttons as they are on a critical piece of equipment. I think I remember that you can view the logic on the display if I could do that I would drop a micrologix in its place and call it done. ANY info at all would be greatly appreciated.

It a basic smart relay
looks the same as either the Zelio or The Omron Range
ABB no longer sell it as Schneider, Siemens and Omron now do. - there are others
look at any of these

1) Found a larger unit on eBay. Buy this one to play with.
2) This link said it's a relabeled Moeller. Plenty of hits for Moeller, but no assurance software would be the same.
3) Hits at Galco. Check with them (or other distributors) for a manual.

If you download the manual for the Zelio you will find out they are all almost the same - not the Siemens Logo -
These are a 'Smart Relay'
they can be programmed by software.
the buttons on the relay's are able to also be programmed for use.
you can adjust timers and monitor I/O from your screen.

Very easy to changeover

Unless you need a full blooded PLC - dont fit a micrologix - too expensive

easy512_bg.jpg

this is the Moeller unit - looks familliar

http://www.moeller.co.uk/easy_500.htm

Last edited:
I believe ABB has really good products. Their engineers must be very smart. But most of their customer service, tech support & management people, especially in the US are really dumb.