wye delta motor start plc logic circuit

You'll need 3 outputs: wye-, delta- and line-contactor.

What are your inputs: start-, stop-pushbutton, protective devices-auxillaries, others?

Do you need to program a timer?

Do you know how a wye-delta-start works?

yes i know how wye delta works
i have sop push buttom and star push buttom
i never do it on the logic ladder plc
so i need the complete inputs and outputs logic laddr circuit
i have the auxiliary no/nc contacts
also i will need the emergency stop,overload tripp interlocks

Sir if you know the circuit diagram of wye delta in conventional ladder circuit you can easily transfer it to PLC.Even you have many interlocking switches,put it to input. You have only 3 output for Wye,Delta and Main contactor.

thanks,
rr

i agree with riche..when u had electrical drawing on star delta u can converted to PLC easyly ..all u need is output for contactor and inoput as push button stop button ,overload and etc ..
on plc..u need to do the timer program which work with star contactor output..and you might need light to indcate when u push start button
maybe green for delta ..orange for star and red for stop or overload..

Maybe I'm wrong but last time I did this (15 yrs ago) I used 2 outputs and a relay to accomplish On/Low/Hi for cooling tower fans. Low being the NC contacts of the SPDT relay

This will start controversy again

DRAW THE HARD WIRE CONTROL IN RELAY LOGIC RLL
then converet directly to PLC RLL

Post Your logic here, if You will use Siemens PLC i'll try to help if not - the other forum members will ( I hope ;D ).

As Lorm said in his VERY FIRST post:

"we have a micrologix 1500 plc unit"

What caused people to forget how to read? I think it must be cosmic radiation to the brain. Fortunatley I was shielded in an underground bunker for 30 years, so can still read a little at times....

This is my approach it is a Controllogix but can be converted to ML1500 with no problem.

It is in spanish but I know that´s not a problem for most of you.
Por favor, como lo haria si quiero reverse rotacion momentariamente para frenar/parar el motor, mi aplicacion usa palante y patras rotacion y debe frenar cuando aprieto Stop/Alto.
me puedes ayudar ???
Gracias

Pardon my bluntness but if you can't figure out how to create the logic for a wye delta starter in ladder logic then you shouldn't be working around a motor big enough to require one in the first place.