Pico 1760 help

Greyghost11

Hello to all, first I want to say that I know nothing about plcs I leave it to the properly trained! I am a residental and commercial electricion and have been donating time to help my local volunteer fire department with station upgrades. My question is can the pico be used to control a mass notification siren? They have 2 of 1760s that where given to them. They are wanting to replace there old non working control unit.

The programming would need to be:

I1- on for 3 min then off
I2- on for 30 seconds off for 10 on for 30 sec off for 10 on for 30 then off
I3- on while the input is active off when not

I have played with it some and can't seem to get it correct.

Thanks for any help
Tom

Sounds like the perfect use for a "programmable relay" like the A-B PICO controller.

The suitability of the I/O on your units depends, of course, on what voltage the sirens run on and how many amperes they use.

What have you tried so far ? Post PicoSoft screenshots, or a *.e60 program file (ZIP it first).

The pico will be firing 24v control relays that control the 240v siren starter.
I've got the 3 min timer on I1 working.

I1-------SQ1
Q1-------TT1
T1-------RQ1

Timer set to:

X 00:00
M:S 03:00
{ -TRG- T1
-RES +

This is the first time I ever tried to write a program of more than two rungs in PICOSoft, so it took some getting used to, especially understanding how the instruction execution is different from the RLL operating systems I'm familiar with.

Attached is my suggestion about how to do this application with three timers and a counter. The *.e60 file is zipped for attachment.

attachment.php

PICO Diagram Screenshot.jpg

Attachments

• Siren.zip.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 13