Is there a vision system that can detect cracks in metallic parts

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking for a vision system that can spot fine cracking and chipping type flaws in metallic parts in real time - need to automate a QC step currently done by visual inspection. Chips are easy, the fine cracks are visible but harder to spot.

Yes, but it will depend on the smallest crack needed to detect vs. the resolution of the vision sensor. For real small cracks, if you can flood the part with a solution that reflects UV light, it will help.

Similar Topics

Greetings, I have a camera in the early stages of failure. It senses whether a piece of silver colored film is aligned. For IP reasons I would not...
Replies
Views
Quick background info: I am doing a project with a cognex IS2000 model camera with a 6mm lens and am using 80/20 for the frame of the camera. The...
Replies
Views
So I struggled with getting Ethernet/IP coms between these two devices for a hot minute. To communicate to the Keyence controller you have to use...
Replies
Views
For a thermoset molder I am looking for a vision system that can monitor part removal from a mold. The mold temps can range anywhere from 300 to...
Replies
Views
I am being given a Keyence Vision system controller CV-X472F to send inputs to a Do-More BX-DM1E-M-D PLC. The inputs will be based on vision field...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom