Convert Rockwell L64 to L62 for testing?

wilsonzhu

Hi, I have a Rockwell PLC progrma using L64 in the field, I need to convert to L62 in office for testing, but program is not responding while converting? What's the Reason?

What version are you running? You mean in Logix5000, you change the processor type and its hanging? The only real difference between the two is the amount of memory used. i don't remember what happens if you take an L64 project that has most of it's memeory used and try to convert it to an L64.

Update: The conversion shouls work regardless of the amount of memory used. I converted a fairly full L64 project to a L62 type. It did the conversion OK, but a memory estimation showed zero memeory left. You couldn't download it to an actual L62 processor. I don't know what happens to the memory that doesn't fit. If the project won't fit, you'll have to delete portions of it.