Datalogging with Micrologix 1400?

FNC

Hi,

I need to do some simple datalogging with a Micrologix 1400.

When someone logs in thru the HMI and starts a system I need to log the username and the system number. There would be 10 or so starts a day.

What is the best way to do this?

I have a PV 700+ touchscreen.

Are you suggesting storing all of the data on the PLC then?

Today's theme on the Forum is different ways to understand the phrase "data log".

The challenge is that you have one thing that's happening in the PV+ (the user login) and another that's really happening in the MicroLogix. My guess is that "starting a system" involves a pushbutton, but it might not.

I would take a jump to the end and ask what format you want the "data log" to take. Do you want some sort of text file ? An entry in a database ? A list on a screen ?

What you want to do with the data is going to determine how and where you store it.

Starting a system is indeed pressing a button.

I just need the customer to see the the date/time, system #, and username.

I expect this to happen 10 times a day or 3500 times a year.