machine edition alarm setup

robw53

i am having problems getting my alarms to display on my PV+700, i am creating a tag in the tag editor called alarms, data type:device, and assigning it b3:100 as my alarm word.

in alarm setup im adding this as the trigger, and ive tried the trigger type as both VALUE and BIT, and then in the messages tab asssigned the trigger again, used the correct bit for the trigger value and added my message but still no look, anyone see were im going wrong?

ive seen on another application that the tag has been setup as an analogue with an integer data type

regards

Rob

good question, i am away from work at the moment i am back in 2 hours so i will check that then and post my findings

rob

edit: i have the file at home but it is not upto date but that does have alarms setup to run at startup so i crnt see why the latest one would be any different

OK. If you can post your alarm config, that will help. I've used bit and value types for the triggers, depending on the project. For individual alarms, use a value trigger type with the value of 1 for digital alarms.

I think on the messages tab of the alarm config, you can copy the whole thing and paste it into Excel. I will try it later, but I'm using version 6.

i did a test once back at home and i can get it to communicate with another 1500 with view ME Station on my PC, i browsed the online tags from in processor and found B3:100 and went from there and works fine, i will try that tommorrow back at work, if not i will then post what i have so far.

rob