nettoplcsim multi-instance

LeiconJames

Hi,

I'm using nettoplcsim to simulate an S7PLC / SCADA project.
It works brilliantly to allow PLCSim to communicate with our SCADA software via an OPC server.
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a version that allows connection to multiple instances of PLCSim as we have 3 PLCs in our project.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

there is a new version of nettoplcsim which supports multiple instances.
At this time it is only available via SVN repository.
If you have a SVN client just check out the multiinstance branch, or download the 3 files (Interop.S7PROSIMLib.dll, Nettoplcsim.exe and noDaveServer.dll) from http://nettoplcsim.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/nettoplcsim/branches/multiinstace/nettoplcsim/bin/

You have to start nettoplcsim for every plcsim instance you have started, and set by menu "settings" to the IP address nettoplcsim has to listen to, and the plcsim instance number you want this nettoplcsim instance to connect to. The instance number you will see in the plcsim title ("S7-PLCSIM1" is instance number 1).

You need as many IP addresses on your network interface as many plcsim instances you want to connect to.
You can add an additional IP address in the properties menu of your LAN connection, and there in the extended menu (I don't know the exact label names in english windows versions).

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the reply and for the great software.
I have downloaded the latest version as per your link however I can't see the menu "settings".
Also I am running PLC sim and the OPC software on the same computer and currently connecting to the "localhost" with the single instance of plcsim. Do I still need to set up multiple IP adresses?

James

I have downloaded the latest version as per your link however I can't see the menu "settings".

Ups, sorry. This is the correct path to the multiinstance version:

http://nettoplcsim.svn.sourceforge....m/csharp/NetToPLCSim/NetToPLCSim/bin/Release/

Also I am running PLC sim and the OPC software on the same computer and currently connecting to the "localhost" with the single instance of plcsim. Do I still need to set up multiple IP adresses?

You need the multiinstance version if you want to start your 3 Plcsim instances at the same time, and connect a scada or your OPC server to all simulated PLCs.

If you are using the "normal" Nettoplcsim version, it connects by default to the first Plcsim instance. So if you only want to test a single Plc with a single Scada/OPC connection at one time, it's not neccessary to run the multiinstance version.

I haven't released the multiinstance version as official release, since the option to start more than one Plcsim instance simultaneously came with a later servicepack of Step7.

Thanks Thomas, that works great.
FYI I am using this with PLCSim 5.4 SP4 and TopServer 5.4.
I have had it running with 2 instances of PLCSim with no problems so far.
Thanks again for the excellent software.

James