English - to - Italian translation ... please ...

Ron Beaufort

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings to all ...

I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me if the Italian translations for the three switches shown on the right below are correct ...

a customer of mine thinks that the Italian shown is a "close enough" translation from the English that he normally uses on his machine faceplates ... personally, it just doesn't look right to me ...

for example: if "INVERSIONE" on the top switch does indeed mean "REVERSE" – then it probably doesn't also mean "SETUP" on the middle switch ...

also – it looks like the "ADAGIO" ("forward" ?) doesn't really belong with the "MANUALE" on the middle switch ...

but then again, I know nothing about Italian ...

if there are more literal translations, then I'd really appreciate some suggestions ...

thank you ...

ITALIAN_faceplate.JPG

Almost all of our equipment is from France, but we do have an Italian Palletizer (complete with Italian commented program). I usually turn to Babelfish.yahoo.com
Alimentore avanti = local power source ahead
Adagio = slowly
Inversion = reversal
Manuale adagio = handbook (hand?) slowly
aperto = opened
marci = march
spento = extinguished

Greetings Ron.

We have a factory in Italy. We have found that they would rather use English labels than a bad Italian translation. You might try getting your customer to run the translation past his customer rather than thinking that it is "close enough."

Do you recall the last time you read a Japanese manual that was translated into EngRish?🍺 It can be just as bad going the other way too.

Even though we have Italian speaking people on staff here in the US we still get things wrong so we run it past the plat staff in Italy just to make sure it is right.

The same English labels don't even mean the same thing in different plants in the US, not to mention an Italian translation...