How to activate RS Logix using Factory Talk

djacob

Folks,
I bought two Micrologix 1400 PLCs and RS Logix 500 Starter and Panel Builder 32.
I loaded Factory Talk , RS Linx, RS Logix.
I also bought a Dongle so as to be able to load the software on multiple computers .
I plugged in the USB \Licence Dongle, when I connected to the AB Activation site , halfway through , I was directed to a secondary site due to an "error" at the primary site.

All my subsequent attempts to activate failed saying I have no more activations left. It is saying I used up all my activations.

When I run my RS Logix, it says I have 7 free days since the software is not activated.
This Factory Talk method of activation is confusing me. Am I missing a step or did something go wrong during my activation.

If the licensing server says you've already activated the license, then the problem was just in delivering the *.LIC license file to you.

Call RA Technical Support and they can e-mail you the *.LIC file. It's stored on their server.

And welcome to the PLCTalk forum ! You accidentally posted in the "Practice" section, so click on the main PLC forum and check out the activity there.

Many thanks for the prompt response.
I have been around PLCs just maintaining them.
Now my job is to design and configure systems.
Having a hard time just getting off the ground.
But I hope I can lean on you guys for help.
I think I am in the right place .
Thanks , again , for the warm welcome .