ME binary address conversion from pv1200

scanner42

When I converted the PV1200 to ME for a PV+, Most of the addresses I can go in and change to the appropriate block transfer. But with the binary and integer block transfers that use part of a word, it is difficult to convert. Is there any examples out there to see how it is done?
Thanks

So you must still be using RIO on the PV+? I've heard RIO on PV+'s is a pain. I know Ken has done this, maybe he will add his expertise. I've managed to avoid doing this so far?

I believe that you can use the bitshift commands in the tag formula to use the bit that you want, bitshift in one direction and then the other to get the bit that you want.
I cannot find an example now if I find it I will post it.

Alan

There are a handful of approaches, most of them involving Expressions. Version 5.0 and later did give you some more flexibility with Aliases, too.

Related Knowledgebase documents: 26150, 27079, 27284, 31043.

If you don't already have your hardware, be aware that the v6 hardware will not support RIO adapter mode with the 2711P-RN6. As I understand it the three "I/O Connection" modes were dropped from v6, which includes RIO, ControlNet Scheduled, and DeviceNet Polled.

I have not kept up with the specifics of this so you'll want to confirm for RA what is supported on your hardware (the 400/600 interface is a little different) and revision.