Cheaper alternative to FactoryTalk SE

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative SCADA package to SE? Its approx €1000 per runtime (15 screen) and I'll be buying quite a few as a machine builder.I could get by with ME except I need a VBA engine for some interfacing using DLLs & OCXs.

I have very little screens(15 Max), approx 4000 Tags.
Comms to Allen Bradley PLCs.
Basic Animation,
Alarming & Event Logging
VBA engine for scripting
ActiveX support

Well, I would have thought Indusoft WebStudio would be cheaper, but the price list I have shows a 4k tag runtime would be around $1600 US. You would have unlimited screens, but a hard tag limit (memory tags do not count).

Anyway, do not know how their support is in Europe (kinda confused by your use of the Euro symbol, but looks like you are in the US). Anyway, the US support is good and the software seems very solid and you can download a trial to test out.

http://www.indusoft.com/

Darren

Hi,

PeakHMI has a scripting engine but does not have support for ActiveX. It might work for you.

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative SCADA package to SE? Its approx €1000 per runtime (15 screen) and I'll be buying quite a few as a machine builder.I could get by with ME except I need a VBA engine for some interfacing using DLLs & OCXs.

I have very little screens(15 Max), approx 4000 Tags.
Comms to Allen Bradley PLCs.
Basic Animation,
Alarming & Event Logging
VBA engine for scripting
ActiveX support

Which SE do you have? SE Distributed or SE Stand alone?