How old i rslogix

You mean something like when was version 1.x released? I started using RSLogix 500 in the early 1990s, I think it was ver. 3.x. Why do you ask?

RSLogix 500 version 1.25 was released in November of 1996

I found the above on Google.... so I would guess early 90's late 80's... before that you would use 6200

I apologise for the anally retentive desire to correct anything on the internetz.

The precursor to RSLogix 500 was "APS".

Indeed it was for AB, and there was Icom AI. 6200 was for the PLC5, and I used it until we upgraded to Icom AI. I still miss it, we had PLC2, PLC5, and SLC500 Icom AI with almost exactly the same UI. I don't know when the RSLogix first came out, I think I started with V3, and it would just crash on me in the middle of an Edit. Fun fun fun. It is a fairly mature product now, but useful Dot Commands would sure be nice.

Stu....

Boy I thought I began using it earlier than that. Maybe I'm thinking of RSLogix 5. I know when both of them came out they constantly crashed losing your work. Better yet to fix it, you needed to reboot! I started using Icom AI5 and AI500. Those where great programs. I hated the 6200 stuff and from what people tell me APS was bad too. Also I didn't have to deal with Interchange.

I apologise for the anally retentive desire to correct anything on the internetz.

The precursor to RSLogix 500 was "APS".

I still have an RSLogix 500 Standard Edition Master disk with a copyright date of 1995. I have RSLogix 5 with that same date.

My ICOM PLC-5 A.I. Series Instruction Set Reference is copyright 1991.

I even have a set of Icom Logic 5 Disks with a Rockwell Software Logic 5 Master Disk (with matching serial numbers). These are dated 1991. Must have come out during the transition when Rockwell absorbed Icom.