Various running message display

sheryl86_ann

Greetings!

HAs anyone encountered working with displaying an alarm indicators like machine troubles:

Low water level at cooling tower
Low pressure level at compressor
Fan / pump troubles
etc..

We wanted to display these various alarm messages into a single board display for maintenance team monitoring aside from those red lamps and buzzers they could hear.

Had someone worked with these projects before?
Can help me how this Say 7 segment board able to display those different messages?
Any controller used? PLC?

Thank you very much.

I think you need to use a HMI. There are several HMI on the market with very good prices, that will display any alarms you want.

Hi jmsmoreira

I will not used a touch panel here for the reason that our client requires a larger display (like the welcome message in an airport)..a running message.. A seven sigment display. However, I dont know yet how I could display different messages into that boeard.

I've done 2 of these at our site using D-A514 units from www.signdata.com, I use the RS232 coms from an AB SLC 5/03 sending out the ASCII code to tell the unit what to display they work very well. We have them set up to display fault messages from the lines.

We use FactoryTalk ME station on a cheap TV screen, using it as a computer monitor.
A-B has also led displays for this kind of visualisation.

Have a look at the Alpha displays from London Electronics -

You can store up to 80 messages in your Alpha display.
You can call your stored messages 3 ways ...
Discrete switch inputs
Binary logic inputs 24V NPN or PNP
BCD logic inputs 24V NPN or PNP
You can store your messages using one of 2 methods...

Use the InfraRed keyboard to program messages
Use a PC to program messages
If you have less than 10 messages, the remote InfraRed keyboard may be used, but you will probably find the PC method easier and faster.

http://www.london-electronics.com/messages_bcd_call.php

http://www.london-electronics.com