GEIP Undocumented "Security code"

RussB

Lifetime Supporting Member
Attached is an undocumented "feature" in GEIP PLC's that allows one to Download and run your logic but as of today there is no way to upload the logic from the processor. This does not use any passwords, just logic.
Be careful there is no back-door or work-around, AFAIK.
There is no guarantee that this will never change, but as of today there are no plans to "fix" it.

Last edited:
Thanks for testing it there.
No surprise though as the PAC uses a different control engine that will handle almost anything you can trow at it.

Similar Topics

Hi Experts, I havebeen working on Versamax GE PLC CPU IC200CPU001 Power supply IC200PWR001 with I/O modules IC200MDL244(Input Module)...
Replies
Views
Hi Experts, I havebeen working on Versamax GE PLC CPU IC200CPU001 Power supply IC200PWR001 with I/O modules IC200MDL244(Input Module)...
Replies
Views
Dear Experts Solution Required for 2 queries 1- During installation of SQL 2012 setup an Error occurred " express database engine installed...
Replies
Views
Goodmorning guys can u help me how can i read 1 register(bool) with 64 array tags in cimplicity(bool) when i write 1 (machine edition) on the...
Replies
Views
Some help with an annoying problem, please....the majority of program changes (AB5000 platform) are being made by a contractor (a former employee...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom