Yaskawa F7 communication problem

bychNIB

Hi,

I'm using the F7 VFD to control the speed of a carriage on a tow tank. As of now, the frequency of the drive can be controlled on the carriage (located a few meters away from the drive), but this done via a wired connection which is susceptible to noise. I'm trying to establish a wireless communication mode.

In order to do this, I'm using the RJ-45 terminal which is originally used to connect to the keypad. As you can see in the attached image, I'm using the two send/receive pins as the data lines, a ground, and a voltage loop back for the drive so it recognizes that there is a device connected. On the keypad side, I use a 5V supply, which was tested by connecting the keypad using the Ethernet cable directly and reading the voltage values for each of the pins, and the datalines as mentioned above.

As per my understanding, this setup should be working just the way a direct connection between the keypad and the drive does. The keypad powers up but shows a communications error message. At this point, I have called the tech support of both Yaskawa and B&B electronics but the problem still exists. Anyone have an idea of what i might be doing wrong?

Radioconnection.jpg