PL7-2 programming SW for legacy TSX

Punk

I've just installed on an old PC machine (seems properly) PL7-2 programming SW under DOS. When started the program in the main window of PL7-2 User Interface it is displayed only a row "PROM PROGRAMMER" and not also the row with something like "PL7-2-17".

Therefore I am not able to start working with the programming utility. Does anybody knows why?

Did you install Disk1 and Disk2 and in order? If you did not install Disk2 or dont have it let me know. It has the PL7-2-17 on it.

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I have Disk #2 and I've installed it. Furthermore, during setup of Disk #1 I was asked to insert Disk #2 and at the end I was asked if I want to perform check of installation. Check reported that everything is installed correctly. But the truth is I don't have any SW or HW key, because from Schneider Electric local tech support told me this PL7-2 version (5.1) is licence free and do not require any licence key.

Try this.
1. Click on TE.bat to start the program. You probably already figured that out.
2. Type F for the file drop down.
3. Type N for New
4. Type B for TSX17
5. Type O for OK

This should now display PL7-2-17 on a separate line just below
Prom Programmer.

No key is needed for the software.
Let us know if this does or does not work.

I tried that already many times and now I did it again. Immediatelly after pressing OK, message box "New-> .. EXECUTION IN PROGRESS" appears and I can hear hard disk working for couple of seconds but no result at the end.. I thought first that maybe new line is added and it might not be visible but it isn't..

Maybe I should reinstall complete DOS and PL7-2? Anyway I want to use this computer only for this purpose. Can something be manually changed in .bat or any other configuration files?

Dont know if this will help or not. I have this installed on a computer with XP SP2. Try deleting the XDOSPRJ folder. It will receate another one.
If that doesn't work I will zip my installed files and put it on a fileserver for you to download.

Take some time to manualy delete files and directories using only DOS commands, remembered me on good old days... I removed XDOSPROJ directory but no progress.. I was playing with some other commands and when I tried SAVE (or SAVE AS) message "CAPACITY OF DRIVE C: inadequate to perform this operation". Maybe because I have nothing to save, maybe I didn't write filename with correct extension or maybe because I really have large hard disk (20 GB, partitioned to ten 2 GB partitions..). This can be a reason why NEW project cannot be created and displayed. But you wrote your SW is installed on XP machine and therefore your HD also should not be that small... It works on XP as well?

I succeeded finally to get that line to be able to enter PL7-2. I reinstalled everything and after that again only diskettes #1 and #2. I received plenty of errors when I performed check at the end of installation but anyway I made step further.

But now when I try to connect to PLC with following settings:

WORK MEM = 1 (TSX MEMORY)
OPER = 0 (Control)

I receive following message after aprox. 10 seconds: "Driver Initialization Error". Cables should be original and correct.

If you can really send files I would appreciate that very much! Thanks again for all your help

It looks like a comm error is the problem, cable maybe bad? Here is a link that has some ideas.
Link:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=20263&st=0&p=97558&hl=tsx17&fromsearch=1&#entry97558
It very well may not communicate on an XP machine. It seems to open in XP but the way a comm port is controlled is a little different than on the old DOS only computers.
I really dont know a lot about this software, just what I have read on some forums.
Maybe someone else that is familiar with this software will join in soon.
Check your PM's for some more info.

Last edited: