hold hi and low numbers

escoplcguy

Hey all,

I have a question for a slc 5/03....what i have so far is a block is being pushed through a sensor and it is measuring the block....everyting is working fine but they want me to for each block that gores through to hold the highest number and the lowest number for that block. were data logging so it can erase after the next block gets pushed through....how can i do this??? plesae help!!

not 100% I understand your question ... but if I do, the basic "MIN/MAX RECORDER" ideas shown below might help get you started ...

do you also have to "store" a collection of the MIN and MAX values after you capture them? ... if so, how many must be stored? ...

going further ... depending on how your system is set up, the RESET rung below might have to move a very HIGH value into MIN - and a very LOW value into MAX ...

minmax.JPG

Last edited:
thank you guys, im a bit late in seeing the responses but yes ron that was what i thought up after actually sitting and thinking about it for a bit.......obviously that is the only way :) thanks again guys for the responses hopefully this helps someone else in the future........while im here can i ask you guys about signal conditioning?? my signal even scalled is very jumpy.....any way to condition this? have it be less all over the place....just thought id ask.

while im here can i ask you guys about signal conditioning?? my signal even scalled is very jumpy.....any way to condition this? have it be less all over the place....just thought id ask.

You should first find out why it's so "jumpy".

See txt. below for a simple filter.

FV=FV+C(NV-FV)
Where:
FV= Filtered value
C= constant (range 0-1) The smaller the number the more dampening.
NV= New Value