AB 505 communication problem

JDD

Ok

Finally powered the control panel and it's in a fault and wont let me comunicate with it (1747-531L).....RS 232 DF1..... Says it's not a SLC.... Any help is greatly appreciated

JDD

A little more info would be helpful.

Edit: jkerekes types faster then I do.

First how are you connected to the processor?

What driver are you using in RSLinx?

What cable are you using?

Do you have the offline file? Have you already downloaded the program?

Can you post the offline file. it's .RSS file ( zip it first)

A little more info would be helpful.

Edit: jkerekes types faster then I do.

First how are you connected to the processor?

What driver are you using in RSLinx?

What cable are you using?

Do you have the offline file? Have you already downloaded the program?

Can you post the offline file. it's .RSS file ( zip it first)

RS 232 cable with USB adapter...<-- been using for a long time 1747-CP3

Can't connect to load file

Can't post government file... yes it"s .RSS file

Driver is DF1

It might have the hole in the front of the card to reset.... Not sure

Have you talked to this processor before?
What has changed?
Is RSlinx in server mode?

Try deleting off all drivers in the RSlinx and install only the one you need.

Press the AB G.F.O button on the PC.

(GO FKN ONLINE)

It might have the hole in the front of the card to reset.... Not sure

What??

If it does not have a program in it ( or an old program already in it) then you might consider resetting it to factory specs. See PDF below

Last edited:
What??

If it does not have a program in it then you might consider resetting it to factory specs. See PDF below

Thanks guys

I'll give it a shot tomorrow..... New processor right out of the box and it has to give problems.

Thanks again

JDD

Not all USB to serial adapters support autoconfigure. You might try setting up RSLinx manually. See default settings below.

defaultsettings.jpg

Even though I have used autoconfigure before with it I will try manually installing. I think the fault is a big problem though. Hopefully resetting to the factory settings will clear it.

JDD

Not all USB to serial adapters support autoconfigure. You might try setting up RSLinx manually. See default settings below.

New Idea:
Use the ethernet port...point a browser to the I.P. address, and look at the serial configuration on the processor's built in web page!!!

New Idea:
Use the ethernet port...point a browser to the I.P. address, and look at the serial configuration on the processor's built in web page!!!

AB 505 communication problem

This says SLC5/05.

Finally powered the control panel and it's in a fault and wont let me comunicate with it (1747-531L)

This says SLC5/03.

Which one does he have?

New Idea:

Think that will get pasted the fault at AB built into it?...LOL

I can try it.... I got the cable for it.

Mickey's point is important: If it's really a 1747-L531 then it's an SLC-5/03 controller with a DH485 network port, not an SLC-5/05 controller with an Ethernet port.

That's immaterial since you are trying to connect to the Channel 0 RS-232 port.

The error message "not an SLC-500 or MicroLogix controller" generally indicates that the controller firmware ID isn't supported by the version of RSLogix 500 you are using.

I would have preferred that the error message "This SLC-500 is from the Future !", but RSI software developers are terribly literal.

Next questions, then:

What revision of RSLogix 500 are you using ?
What OS Series and Firmware Revision is the controller ?

SLC-5/03 controllers should be at OS Series C, FRN 11 these days.