Step 7 V5.5 Question

Mike_RH

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if a project saved in Step 7 V5.5 can be opened in V5.4? All hardware / features used would be compatible with 5.4.

Thanks

I have opened PLC programs created in 5.5 with 5.4, however we are talking about straight forward setups.

With all the optional packages available its possible to have issues.

Hardware wise you can update 5.4 to the latest level online for free via the hardware configurator.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, I have a short question about BLKMOV instruction, illustrated in the image below. I have the same piece of code in STEP 7 (ET200S)...
Replies
Views
When looking at the DB declaration ( see below pic), I did not see addresses like DB108.DBX203.0 or DB108.DBX205.0 and so on .... and yet they...
Replies
Views
Is it Gain or Proportional band? The HMI shows it as Proportional Band and the tag name is Gain???
Replies
Views
Tomorrow morning I have to use a rented Siemens PC to troubleshoot a Siemens HMI, programmed with WinCC, communicating to a couple of ABB drives...
Replies
Views
Hello Folks! I'm still trying to get the hang of using STL and Pointers in Step 7 (V5.5). For background, I'm writing a sample application...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom