Red Lion PFM

jrexrode

I'm working on a project using a Red Lion PFM display. So far, I've gotten the display to show a static test message. My goal is to show alarm messages and when there aren't any alarms, show production line status (speed, up hours, etc.). I know I can use the Mulit-line Multi Text primitive to show the alarms, but I haven't seen how you would insert variable data into one of the called up messages, say for line speed. Is there another primitive that I'm overlooking? For this kind of thing, should I use the string primitive and send the string from the plc? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

jrexrode,
Unfortunately you can't insert a tag value into the text of a multi variable in Crimson 2. You would either need to change to another page that would send the correct data to the PFM or use the show item selection on each variable to hide items you don't want to display.

Thanks
Jeremy

So I can use the GoToPage command to display another window with the data variable data that I want to display. Good. I don't have a problem with doing it that way. Thanks for the info Jeremy.

I created a program that is executed on each "On Tick" Propery on the Global pages setup. So, each second, this program runs. It increments an internal retentive counter. I then control several internal flags, such as PFM_Show_Time (shows actual clock time), PFM_Show_Goals (shows current goals), PFM_Show_Pressure. I turn one on, turn the others off. I then put each display primitive on top of the PFM display primitive, and control their visibility with these tags. This way, only one shows at a time, for a specified period of time. At a predetermined value, I reset the counter. I display 3 items, for 5 seconds each, then reset to 1 and start over. I then can copy all these primitives, including PFM display primitive, to the same specified location on each page of my G310, so that no matter what page they look at, the PFM keeps on chuggin along. Works very well and looks good.