Modicon ccx17 & Modicon tsx micro

peanutsue

First off, I'm not a programmer, but a print shop supervisor with a "downed" machine.

When I turn on the machine (a collating machine manufactured in Germany), it "boots up" with all the information on the screen it normally has:
i.e. - CCX17-30LW.. v2.4
UTW slave, 9600 bauds AdS=1, AdC=2
Application..loaded
Connection...OK

However, in the lower left corner there is a flashing yellow LED light.
The pre-loaded programming comes onto the screen - but I'm not able to make any changes to it - like change it from German to English. I could run the machine in German - but none of the buttons (labeled F1 - F8) respond.
The machine will physically run, but not actually perform the way it is suppose to.

On the back of the machine is a modicon TSX micro.
The RUN LED is a constant green.
The TER LED is a flashing amber/yellow color.
No light for the I/O
No light for the ERR
The BAT light was red, but I replaced that and it is now NOT lit.

This all happened about 2 months ago. Then one morning I turned the machine on and it worked! It's been working for about 6 weeks.
Today, I turned it on and I'm back to the previously mentioned scenario.

Is there any help for me out here?