Siemens S7, DT

tomhelliwell

Hi All,
I have a problem with Siemens S7, I have created a FC that generates a DT. The problem is I can't seem to fugure out how to return the DT.

I have attached a Screenshot to show what I mean.

Thanks

Tom

Untitled.jpg

Indirect addressing required. Add the following code to the end of your block, and add "outdb" as an INT to your temp area.

Code:
      L     P##DTOUT
      LAR2  
      L     W [AR2,P#0.0]
      T     #outdb
      L     D [AR2,P#2.0]
      LAR2  
      OPN   DB [#outdb]
      LAR1  P##DT_1
      L     D [AR1,P#0.0]
      L     D [AR1,P#4.0]
      T     D [AR2,P#4.0]
      TAK   
      T     D [AR2,P#0.0]

I think that "DT" is just a shorter way to write DATE_AND_TIME.
Create a variable in a global DB with type DATE_AND_TIME.
Your BLKMOV can then point to the variable. Just type the symbolic name, i.e. "MyDB".My_DT_var

@L D[AR2,P#0.0]

You also need to check that outdb is not zero, and when it is, not open the db! And that when di is accesed you need to use opn di or replace the di address marker with the one for a db!

Last edited:
And that when di is accesed you need to use opn di or replace the di address marker with the one for a db!

No. A DT data type parameter is passed to an FC as a DB pointer. Even if the calling block is an FB and the DT is in the STAT area, the db pointer passed will contain a global DB number and the absolute address of the STAT variable.