GE CMM321 used as Modbus TCP/IP slave!

I is a noob

Have a CMM321-KM ethernet module but can't find in the user's manual how to make it a slave. Need to poll it over a modbus TCP/IP network. Any help?

It appears that Modbus slave/server operation is native, according the gfk1541b manual
http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=docchannel&id=DO213

chapter 4 note:
1pysyh.jpg

(page 116)

As in it needs to have an IP address that i can poll remotely to obatain vital information. The 8 page document that came with said device says that this version provides Modbus TCP/IP master and slave functions and refers to GFK-1541(b or newer) as the user manual. The one i found say nothing about slave options and is basicly a how-to on setting ths module up as a master.

Last edited:
Once you have the IP address set, there shouldn't be anything you have to do to make it a server.

From GFK-1541B, page 1-2: "As a “server” the
Interfaces respond to requests from other devices such as PLC programming software, a Host
computer running an SRTP application, or another Series 90 PLC acting as a “client”. No PLC
programming is required for server operation."