Analog input 1746-ni16i status light

Buzzen

:skuller:HELLLLO TO ALL,
HERE IS THE PROBLEM I HAVE ENCLOSED A ZIPPED FILE FROM THIS APPLICATION. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS THAT THE STATUS LIGHT FOR MY INPUT SLOT 11 IS BLINKING. CHECKING STATUS BIT FILE 14-15 I NOTICE THAT 14 IS 1. WHICH ACCORDING TO THE MANUAL IS AN ERROR. I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM. IT IS INPUT 11.1. PLEASE HELP.:eek:

Is it just the Module Status LED that is flashing ?

What is the state off the four Channel group Status LEDs ?

Has this module been running for a while and stopped working correctly, or is this a new startup of this module, or were you doing any other process (calibrating, maybe?) when the error started ?

Module status light is solid green okay there. The channel 0-3 light is blinking. In the book is says that the scaling could be wrong and that would cause the error light to flash.

Has this module been running for a while and stopped working correctly, or is this a new startup of this module, or were you doing any other process (calibrating, maybe?) when the error started ?
This is a new startup. My first actually. I did an read I/O configue on initial startup and initialized the input and output cards. Is there an additional step that I am missing?

Going from poor memory here but is there a signal on those points? If not, try to put a signal on a point and see if it stops blinking.

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]Well first of all in the file you posted channel 14 is not enabled. Only 1 thru 4 are.
Sorry for the misunderstanding I was referring to the data file for that card. Not the channels. In the SLC 500 Analog input card users manual I am looking at page 5-4 and it says that you need to set bit 15 to a 1 to enable that channel. Am I reading that right?

is there a signal on those points? If not, try to put a signal on a point and see if it stops blinking
Yes I put a meter on the channel and forced a 4-20ma signal and still that little light keeps blinking.