Question on converting languages RSL5K version 18.02

matthew1

Hello all!

I Have an issue with four new machines that were just installed in our plant. The PLC is a 1769-L32 compact logix. Iam new to 5K. no classes yet and about three months on/off tinkering. The the code is heavy in ST. unfortunatly all the tags are written in Italian. I have heard that in RS Logix 5000 ver 18 that you can translate languages if you have the base language configured correctly. Thought i would ask if anyone has done this and the general sucess rate. Also the program is written in version 13 or 15. can the version be converted as well?

Thank you for youre time.

RSLogix allows documentation language switching, not translation. Only documentation can be switched. Tag names cannot be switched.

Basically you run through a language export and that takes all of the documentation to a file. You take that file to a translator to have them perform translation. You then add that language to RSLogix and import the file and you can now switch documentation languages.

OG

Ahhh that makes more sense now. I woundered how the program could be capable of that. Thank you for the information.