Reliance SP120

gappvembe

Hi again,

I know this probably isn't the forum for this, in fact I have found one that specifies in VFDs, but as I just registered, I can't start a thread. :confused:

Anyway, this is as I said is a Reliance SP120, for a 5HP motor.

It was in working order when I took it out, probably around 2 years ago, and I just stuck in on a shelf.

What I want to use it for now, is to make a motor run 80Hz (speed pot on the unit itself) and start with a two wire set up.

I've tried to figure out the programming, but I'm not sure if I even have the control wiring correct.
(I have the switch between terminals 1 and P24)

The PDF manual for it can be found here (Rockwell website).

Thanks

First, I would suggest you read the manual a couple of times away from any distractions.
Next, here are some of the highlights I found in the manual that may help.
Go to page 3-19, look at the chart info for c01. Change from the default value (22) to (00).
This will give you a 2-wire control for p24 to 1.
From Table 2.5 page 2-12:
Number setting: 00 {FW} Forward 2-Wire (maintained) Run Forward/Run Reverse settings.
Go to page 3-9 to set up the frequency control.
Set up parameters A01 thru A04.
A01 set to 00 for frequency pot
A02 set to 01 for control terminal block
A03 set to 60 for nameplate base frequency on motor
A04 set to 80 for maximum frequency
Leave the other parameters at the default setting for now. Later you may want to adjust the
Acceleration and Deceleration values as well as some other values.

First, I would suggest you read the manual a couple of times away from any distractions.
Next, here are some of the highlights I found in the manual that may help.
Go to page 3-19, look at the chart info for c01. Change from the default value (22) to (00).
This will give you a 2-wire control for p24 to 1.
From Table 2.5 page 2-12:
Number setting: 00 {FW} Forward 2-Wire (maintained) Run Forward/Run Reverse settings.
Go to page 3-9 to set up the frequency control.
Set up parameters A01 thru A04.
A01 set to 00 for frequency pot
A02 set to 01 for control terminal block
A03 set to 60 for nameplate base frequency on motor
A04 set to 80 for maximum frequency
Leave the other parameters at the default setting for now. Later you may want to adjust the
Acceleration and Deceleration values as well as some other values.

I guess this is part of why it's perplexing, is because I have done those things.
I should have informed you of what I have programed, besides wired:

C01 = 00
F04 = 00
A01 = 00
A02 = 01
A03 = 60
A04 = 80

I don't have any of the other Digital inputs hooked up and they were put back at there default settings:
C02 = 20
C03 = 21
C04 = 18
C05 = 13

Also, I viewed D05, which shows which digital input status, and it was showing that 1 was active and then not, with the turning on and off of the switch.

Either jumper C05 to +24V or change the terminal assignment away from 13. Unintentional Start is essentially a Run Enable loop and needs to be closed for the drive to run.