Creating "instances" in RSLogix

OOPer

I was going through the following document for some naming conventions and came across something interesting. There is a mention of a Process "Class" and a Process "Instance". I wasn't aware of this Class and Instance concepts in RSLogix.

Is there a way to do this with the procedures? I understand that we can create instances of UDT and AOI, but this section of the document talks about instances of procedures or Equip modules which are just programs. I am relatively new to PLC programming, but this sounds very promising towards OOP concepts.

Enlighten me please đź“š

Page 74:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/ia-rm001_-en-p.pdf

It is suggested naming conventions for large sale programming. It isn't a control structure within RSLogix5000.

So you are saying EM01_Conveyer and EM02_Conveyer are just two different programs (copy and paste logic) instead of being instances of EM_Conveyer?

Bummer... I got excited for a bit.

No they can be "instances" in a general way. You could create one subroutine that controls a way a motor works. By passing it different parameters, the same code can control many different motors in your system.

No they can be "instances" in a general way. You could create one subroutine that controls a way a motor works. By passing it different parameters, the same code can control many different motors in your system.

Right. But you can only pass by value using JSR right? For instance I can't pass an UDT interface instance to the Sub routine by reference, as in, the values changed by Sub routine won't be reflected in the original parameter passed. An AOI on the other hand can do that using InOut parameter type, but AOIs are out of context to a specific program.