Festo FPC202

peter.walker

I have the need to change the program in an old Festo FPC202 plc.
The program is stored in an eprom which can not be programed via the PLC.
I have the software and cables to work with the program within the PLC ram, but would like to store permantly in the eprom.
Can anyone please explain how this is done, and what is required.
I recall a small stand alone eprom programmer being used connected to a pc.
Any further information on these PLCs would also be greatly apreciated.
I have tried many places for information on the Festo FPC202, but it has been long obsolete.
Thanks

Peter

re:FPC202

Hi Peter,

I have worked on FPC202 plc's but never did an eprom backup
The book says you have to use an EPROM burner and then gives a few models, probably very old too. Posiblly we can exchange the info what we have about this processor. Give me an email.

r--

Does it look like the attached drawing?

If so, it is a re-badged Omron C20.

I believe you can re-program it using Omron software, but not sure. You would require an Omron 3G2C7-LK201E interface module. These are not cheap. To write an EPROM, you would require an Omron EPROM writer. These also are not cheap, if available.

Syswin may program the unit, if it is a re-badged C20. There is an EPROM writing facility in Syswin that you can use with a standard EPROM writer.

I personally would throw it away and replace it with something more modern.

c20.jpg

Dear menbers,

FPC202 is an obsolete product of Festo.
I found 2 set of FPC202 from an old stock. But I do not have its programming software.
Could you inform any web source from its programming informationa can be downloaded? Or if anyone have any support available, please inform.

Kind regards.
Tanja Asad
[email protected]